Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Little Churchyard War

Army Dark Blue and Army Red met for a rematch on the dining room table.  We again used a super-simplified house-rules version of HG Wells' Little Wars.




My son had a better time this go-around, as he seemed to do better aiming Army Red's cannon on the table than on the floor.



Highlights included: a dead-on hit on an Army Dark Blue infantryman that sent him flying backwards a good foot and a half; knocking figures off the table edge and having my son say in complete seriousness "I don't think that even hit that guy"; and hiding a guy from ever-closer cannon fire by hooking his base onto the top of a house roof - I countered by hitting the house on my next shot, sending the poor chap tumbling down.






Pretty brutal game of attrition...


I lost, in the end, although I had to coach him a little to take advantage of gains he had already earned all on his own ("I think now would be a good time to use that reserve you've cleverly kept hidden all game.")

No comments:

Post a Comment