Thursday, September 6, 2018

Reinforcements!

A few weeks ago fellow Portland war gamer and all around great person Victor (of Operation Wargaming) emailed me to ask for my mailing address, as he had "something to send me."  My best guess as what he was sending me was some unpainted ECW or Italian Wars figures he was looking to unload, or even maybe a unit of say, 12 painted figures for one of those periods. 

What I instead received was TWENTY-FOUR landsknecht pike men along with four command figures (Vic detailed their painting here)!  They were not based and did not include a flag.  Last night finished basing them, and attached the hand-painted the flag you see below, and present them below...








I am somewhat constantly amazed at the generosity and authenticity of the miniature wargaming hobby - Victor's unbelievably kind gift only underlines that wonderfulness.

Thanks, Vic!

(ahem)

If you, too, would like to be cool like Victor and send me painted units of English Civil War or Renaissance 28mm miniatures, please email me and I would be happy to provide you with a mailing address!!

3 comments:

  1. Damn they look good based! You did a great job on the flag. Love the command stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand additions from Victor's generosity. Always nice to see puffy sleeved pikemen.

    ReplyDelete