Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Whelps cavalry

This project was way overdue. I have not done any new figures or units for Turnip28 in ages, as I have been mainly focused on enhancing the terrain experience for this wonderful game.  I've had the donor figures to some cavalry (Old Glory Polish lancers) for ages, so I finally got around to creating this unit of Whelps equipped with black powder weapons.

I suppose part of the delay was that i wasn't 100% sure what I wanted the critters to look like. But I finally settled on "root vegetable with a dopey face" with the addition of a "giant turnip-like root rear end."  These are metal horses with the heads cut off, sculpting with milliput. The little roots/protrusions on their heads are stems from chestnut tree leaves or the dried roots of weeds from the side of the road. The riders' helms are various 3d printed bits.The flag is paper with some foil inside - I hand-painted the design.The pistols are spare arms from Warlord Games ECW cavalry I've had laying around for some time.  The "old sarge" skull on the banner top is a GW tomb kings head I found, with a spare shako on top of that.


 

1 comment: