Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Turnipday V

A St. Alamei's battery.

TurnipDay V was two weeks ago. I loaned a regiment to a new player and made up for slight shortage of figures for myself by running the St. Alamei's Battery cult.  St. Alamei's thing is that they get rocket launchers, the models for which I have had for quite some time but never really seriously played. The big lesson learned rather quickly was that you should position another unit or a snob (officer) out in front of the rocket launcher in some way - in Turnip28 you must almost always target the closest enemy unit when shooting.  In Turnip28 there is also a preliminary bombardment phase.  In my first game, my opponent also had artillery and did preliminary bombardment first and one of my launchers was his closest target, so I lost one of my four units before the first turn even started (in typical Turnip28 fashion, I ended winning this match, in the end - a Turnip28 game is never over until the last turn).

Ben's turnips

Rob's turnips.

Rob's pig model for the chase-the-pig scenario.

Rob's toff of the Slug's Lament makes a dramatic entrance.

Chase the pig scenario near end of game.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment