Thursday, May 27, 2021

Broken Toy Recruits

In 2020 I was buying many broken or beaten up Britains figures and repairing those for my 54mm armies (I'm doing a lot more homecasting now).  I went back through my account history and was able to capture these images of lots I have purchased, posted here for posterity and reference.

This was a good lot - all those headless bodies to convert! The batch of zouaves was a nice bonus.


The two generals in this lot were a score. This is where my 3 SA Mounted Rifle figure came from, plus several partial highland units! And the easiest figures to find and buy - mounties!



More mounties. The two lancer bodies in upper left were eventually restored into a complete unit of 5.


Fairly old Egyptian lancers. Great condition - all tails and legs intact! These have been restored/repaired, but I need one more for a unit of 5.

More of the Egyptian lancer lot. The Skinners Horse figures were weird - they were covered in dirt! I rinsed them in vinegar and scrubbed a bit with a toothbrush to clean off.

Lastly, a good sized lot of Royal Marines, which only needed new replacement arms. 

5 comments:

  1. Lots of useful stuff there. The zouaves are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures, l look forward to seeing them getting ready for some games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work to restore those figures!

    ReplyDelete