Wednesday, May 10, 2023

More Fool's Errand

 

Continuing my fool's errand (first mentioned last month), here's another batch of Italian Wars command stands/flag carriers rebased from round bases to square 40mm mdf.  The three on the left are Essex miniature with Swiss banners. These were part of a large batch painted up almost two years ago. The one on the right is a Swiss command set by Perry and are carrying a Venetian banner if I remember right. This set came a Swiss piper, whom I have matched with the Essex Swiss stand on the far left, so that the remaining two Perry figures look less Swiss and more Italian or generic.  The tufts are Army Painter.

The Venetian (or whatever, maybe Neapolitan) banner looks a little cruder to me, seeing as its an earlier effort at handpainting my own banners. But that banner has possibly been in every Italian Wars game I've played so I can't just junk it.


Here's one of the rebased Swiss banners in the middle of an Essex pike block. Blends in and looks more a part of the unit than a round base.


No comments:

Post a Comment